Monday, January 7, 2013

Giant tuna in Japan sold for $1.8 million

Do you have even a slightest idea how much does a tuna cost in Japan during an auction? Brace yourselves because the figure isn't just in hundred thousand dollars but goes up high reaching millions. A figure I don't think of getting even if I work forever.

A whooping 155.4 million yen or about 1.8 million in US dollars was the price of the monster bluefin tuna caught in the city of Omaha in northern Japan. It broke the previous record set last year of 56.49 million yen, making the former a giant and the latter a dwarf literally.

The winning bidder, Kiyoshi Kimura, president of Sushi-Zanmai chain was also the same person who won last year. 

"I wanted to meet expectations of my customers who said they wanted to eat Japan's best tuna again this year," Kimura said in a statement with Jiji Press.

I don't know what to say. But given the price of the tuna, I say Mr. Kimura is really one heck of a rich guy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Widgets